COVID-19 SPECIAL CONDITIONS (season 2022)
Aardvark Alpine Lodge takes the health and wellbeing of guests, members, our manager/s and the wider community seriously. To protect everyone we’re following all government mandated guidelines and health recommendations and ask you to do the same.
Bookings are subject to special precautions, occupany rules and conditions until further notice and may be subject to change from time to time:
- All guests must be up to date with COVID vaccinations and able to provide proof to the lodge manager upon request.
- Check-in and check-out times will be strictly enforced - early check-in including luggage drop-off will not be permitted.
- Access to and use of communal areas may need to be actively managed to optimise social distancing - failure to cooperate could result in being asked to leave.
- Kitchen access may need to be rostered and a specific bathroom allocated to limit sharing of facilities - failure to cooperate could result in being asked to leave.
- Guests are expected to practice enhanced hygiene and social distance wherever possible - includes regular hand washing and the use of supplied hand sanitiser.
- Penalties/fees for cancellation will be waived if you cannot stay due to border closure, possible COVID sickness/exposure or any other reasonable COVID related reason.
- All guests MUST self-assess in advance of their stay and STAY AWAY if experiencing any possible symptoms of COVID - a refund for such cancellations will be payable (see above).
- If anyone in your booking experiences possible symtoms of COVID during your stay, you MUST inform Aardvark Alpine Lodge (manager) immediately.
- If anyone in your booking tests positive for COVID soon after your stay, you MUST inform Aardvark Alpine Lodge (manager or booking officer) immediately.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings without notice in order to comply with official directives and/or to preserve the health and safety of any or all parties.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as government directive) prevent Aardvark from operating at the time of your stay, we guarantee a FULL REFUND.
We ask for everyone's understanding, goodwill and flexibility in order to keep everyone as safe as possible while enjoying snow time at Aardvark.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY (STANDARD)
- No refund if cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival date – except "Snow Guarantee".
- Full refund less 10% administration fee if cancelled at least 30 days prior to arrival date.
To achieve our aim of cheap and happy skiing, we don't employ people to clean and tidy up after you, therefore:
- We expect you to clean up after yourself in the kitchen and lounge areas, to keep your bedroom clean and vacuum your room on departure.
- We ask you to perform minor duties allocated for each room.
- Everyone is expected to respect the privacy and comfort of others – we ask that noise is kept at a reasonable level and parents are mindful of their childrens' behaviour.
Aardvark is a non-smoking lodge – we ask smokers to be considerate of other guests and the environment, disposing of butts properly in the container provided outside our entrance.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sheets (top and bottom) and pillow cases, but please note sleeping bags are NOT permitted for health reasons (doonas and blankets are provided).
- Be sure to pack suitable clothing for the alpine environment - indoor shoes are recommended as outdoor boots are not permitted inside.
- Food and drinks, towels and toiletries.
- A good attitude!!!
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
- Rooms are available for incoming guests at 4pm* on day of arrival. If arriving earlier, you should leave luggage in your vehicle and head out skiing until the close of lifts when the rooms and fridge/cupboard space will be ready.
- On departure day guests are expected by 1pm* at latest to (1) pack up all belongings, (2) perform minor assigned duties, (3) clean and vacate room, (4) clean and vacate fridge/cupboard space. If wishing to ski all day, you are asked to transfer luggage to your vehicle and then go out skiing.
- Guests who don't respect the lodge or the comfort/safety of our other guests will be asked to leave.
* We're trialling new check-in and check-out times - it's equal give and take, you get to check-in up to an hour earlier than previously advised, however we also ask you to depart an hour earlier. Your cooperation is appreciated in advance.