CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
- One FREE change permitted per booking – additional/subsequent changes will be subject to a $50 administration fee.
- Full refund less $50 administration fee if cancelled at least 30 days prior to arrival date.
- No refund if cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival date – except "Snow Guarantee".
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- If bringing an infant under 3 yrs not occupying a bed (FREE), all beds in your room must be booked - as 'spare' if not occupied.
- Member guest rates are exclusively available for bookings made by and including the relevant member.
- Sleeping bags are NOT permitted to be used on beds at any time for health reasons.
- Access to and use of communal areas may need to be actively managed to optimise social distancing.
- Kitchen access may need to be rostered and a specific bathroom allocated to limit sharing of facilities.
- Guests are expected to practice enhanced hygiene and social distance wherever possible - includes regular hand washing and the use of supplied hand sanitiser.
- Penalties/fees for cancellation will be waived if you cannot stay due to border closure, possible COVID sickness/exposure or any other verified COVID-related reason.
- All guests MUST self-assess in advance of their stay and STAY AWAY if experiencing any possible symptoms of COVID - a refund for such cancellations will be payable (see above).
- If anyone in your booking displays COVID symtoms during your stay and/or tests positive for COVID soon after, you MUST immediately inform the lodge manager/s.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings without notice in order to comply with official directives and/or to preserve the health and safety of any or all parties.
- If public health related circumstances beyond our control prevent Aardvark from operating at the time of your stay, we will provide a FULL REFUND (or pro-rata if applicable).
- Guests who don't respect the lodge or the comfort/safety of our other guests will be asked to leave - this includes failure to cooperate with directives from the lodge manager/s.
Aardvark Alpine Lodge takes the health and wellbeing of guests, members, our manager/s and the wider community seriously. We ask for everyone's understanding, goodwill and flexibility in order to keep everyone as safe as possible while enjoying time in the snow.
To achieve our aim of cheap and happy skiing, we don't employ people to clean and tidy up after you, therefore:
- We expect you to clean up after yourself in the kitchen and lounge areas promptly after each use – and to keep your bedroom clean/tidy.
- We may ask you from time to time to assist with performing minor duties.
- Everyone is expected to respect the privacy and comfort of others – we ask that noise is kept at a reasonable level and parents are mindful of their childrens' behaviour.
- Aardvark is a non-smoking lodge – we ask smokers to be considerate of other guests and the environment, disposing of butts properly in the container provided outside our entrance.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
- Rooms are available for incoming guests at 4pm* on day of arrival. If arriving earlier, you should leave luggage in your vehicle and head out skiing until the close of lifts when the rooms and fridge/cupboard space will be ready.
- On departure day guests are expected by 1pm* at latest to (1) pack up all belongings, (2) perform minor assigned duties, (3) clean and vacate room, (4) clean and vacate fridge/cupboard space. If wishing to ski all day, you are asked to transfer luggage to your vehicle prior to going out skiing.
- Early check-in including luggage drop-off is not permitted except by prior arrangement with the manager.
* We're trialling new check-in/check-out times - you get to check-in up to an hour earlier than in the past, however we also ask you to depart an hour earlier. Your cooperation is appreciated.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sheets (top + bottom), pillow cases and towels (doonas and blankets are provided – commercial linen and towels are available to hire for a small fee (cash preferred) if you'd prefer to carry less up the hill. NO SLEEPING BAGS.
- Be sure to pack suitable and adequate clothing for the alpine environment – avoid cotton/jeans for outside!
- Indoor shoes are recommended as outdoor boots are not permitted inside.
- Fresh food and beverages of choice.
- A good attitude!!!